Suspended License in California
If you or someone you know has a suspended license, that means if you get pulled over your car may be towed and you may go to jail. Therefore, traffic ticket lawyers know how to get your license back within ten days. We can help.
You can face suspensions from both the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and state/federal courts. Furthermore, below you will find information about how to get your California driver’s license back.
About Your Suspended License in CA
There are many reasons your CA driver’s license could be suspended, including:
- Failing to appear (FTA) in court after receiving a traffic ticket. As a result, your license will be suspended until you appear in court.
- Failing to pay a fine resulting from a FTA. Hence, your license will be suspended until you pay the fine.
- As a result of not having proof of car insurance.
- Consequently failing to pay required child support payments.
- Most of all, being caught driving when you are physically/mentally unfit to do so.
How Long is My License Suspended?
The length of the suspension period depends on the reason you received it. Furthermore, suspensions can run anywhere from as little as 30 days for a minor infraction to 1 year for more serious offenses, such as reckless driving.
You could lose your CA license indefinitely if you are not supposed to drive due to a mental or physical disorder. Also, if you would like more information about your individual situation, you may contact the California DMV at (800) 777-0133.
A reissue fee is a fee paid to reinstate a driving privilege which has been suspended or revoked.
The following is a list of reissue fees:
- $15 to add a court restriction
- $20 to remove a Driver License restriction
- $24 drug suspension
- $55 reissue fee (the most common type of reissue fee)
Furthermore, anyone who had their license suspended or revoked has to pay an administrative fee of $55 to have their license reissued.
- $100 Preliminary Alcohol Screening (PAS)
- $100 Admin Per Se (APS)
- $85 APS
(Also a partial payment of the $100 APS fee.)
- $45 APS
(Also a partial payment of the $100 APS fee)